Title: Science Inquiry with Open Educational Resources OER and Open Source Physics at Singapore OSP@SG
ICT pedagogical innovation about?
Synopsis: Science Inquiry with Open Educational Resources OER and Open Source Physics at Singapore OSP@SG
TRASI CODE: 72742-00001
- an understanding of what open educational resources is? 10 mins
- what is open source? 15 mins
- why UNESCO awarded the prize to Singapore? Answer 5mins
- "UNESCO has awarded Singapore in their attempt to bring countries together to license and contribute to the global movement towards open educational resources, empowering anyone to be educate and level up everyone regardless of race, language, gender or religion in the world. By sharing this story, I reinforce UNESCO's message to draw strength in believing in yourself, others and something larger like "open educational resources", and bring joy to the world through our work. - WEE Loo Kang Lawrence
- Be an iOS app (coming in 2017)
- what you like about it?
- what you want to be improve on?
- what new features you hope can be built?
- post it on the relevant article page so that i will follow up. example
- how can I customise the applet (if it's even possible?), given limited knowledge in programming?
- Answer: resources http://weelookang.blogspot.sg/2011/02/easy-java-simulation-tutorial.html
- potential of Tracker, playlist of Youtube on Tracker by community
- Potential of Open Source Physics
Lawrence Wee, Senior Specialist, Ministry of Education, Singapore
Mr Lawrence Wee is a Physics teacher from the Ministry of Education, Singapore. As a Senior Specialist in the Educational Technology Division, he has written 26 research papers and participated in 5 funded projects relating to Open Source Physics. He was awarded the Singapore Public Service PS21 Distinguished Star Service Award in 2014, Singapore Public Service PS21 Best Ideator in 2012.
To download the presentation click here
Outlinelecture about open educational resources.
explain why UNESCO awarded the prize to Singapore
google for "OSP@SG" an example of open educational resources
register for account
make a post an article of curated resources tapping on open educational resources.