« on: February 20, 2009, » posted from:Singapore,,Singapore
Particle model for solid liquid gas states by Fu-Kwun Hwang
author: Fu-Kwun Hwang and lookang
My journey of remixing and understanding the source particle model for solid/liquid/gas states
original from http://www.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/index.php?topic=296.0
In my experimentation, you will see
Note that: reference:http://www.chem.purdue.edu/gchelp/liquids/character.html
* gas are well separated with no regular arrangement.
* liquid are close together with no regular arrangement.
* solid are tightly packed, usually in a regular pattern.
* gas vibrate and move freely at high speeds.
* liquid vibrate, move about, and slide past each other.
* solid vibrate (jiggle) but generally do not move from place to place.
Some Characteristics of Gases, Liquids and Solids and the Microscopic Explanation for the Behavior
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Singapore License
|retains a fixed volume and shape rigid - particles locked into place||assumes the shape of the part of the container which it occupies particles can move/slide past one another||assumes the shape and volume of its container particles can move past one another|
|not easily compressible little free space between particles||not easily compressible little free space between particles||compressible lots of free space between particles|
|particles cannot move/slide past one another||flows easily particles can move/slide past one another||flows easily particles can move past one another|