Thursday, September 11, 2014

what does creative commons attribution mean?


what does creative commons attribution mean?

Recently i received an email asking for permission to use my blog post portfolio of simulations and computer models. Yes, i give permission to anyone to use my blog's stuff under the following condition or license.

Taken from http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/sg/

You are free to:

  • Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
  • for any purpose, even commercially.
  • The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.

Under the following terms:

Request 

Hi Lawrence,
I will be doing "Flipped classroom" for my Pure Physics class next year, so I am converting the current textbook into a digital one by having students to paste QR codes that link to my teaching videos on their textbooks.
I have looked thru some of your applets and found them very effective in demonstrating certain concepts and theory, particularly the one on Brownian Motion. Hence, I would like to seek your permission to incorporate your applets in the digital textbook mentioned above.
Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Ming Yeo

Reply and Permission granted ahead 

Dear ming yeo,
Licensed creative commons attribution.
Permission given ahead of you asking.
:)
Enjoy!