another artifact of learning during the EJS-OSP workshop in Singapore.
author: Jiun Wei Chia. Original author is Fu Kwun Hwang, Loo Kang Wee, Wolfgang Christian.
The Vernier calipers model has
- an object (Blue) for the internal jaws to measure width of an object with slider to control width of the object and simple drag action to control position of object.
- an object (Green) for external jaws to measure internal diameter of a cylinder for example with slider to control dimensions of the cylinder.
- checkbox for answer to show the meaning of reading on the main scale and the vernier scale with zero error calculations if any.
- drop down menu of the various common vernier scales for sense making and additional testing out by learners their ideas of how vernier works.
- fine <> control buttons for learners to manipulate the model with single incremental precision
- slider control for fast changes in the vernier measurement
- reset button to bring simulaton back to original (default)setting.