Representations on MOE & Cross-Divisional Committees
- Curriculum Review for 3 Committees on
- H1(on-going) Advanced Level Physics 2014-onward
- H2 (ended this year) Advanced Level Physics 2014-onward
- H3 (new) Advanced Level Physics 2014-onward
- Physics Chapter 2012-onward
- Senior Specialist Human Resource Committee 2014-onward
Reviewer of Projects and Papers
- Reviewer of 16 papers in ICTLT2016, chair of conference papers assigned 362 papers to 18 NIE, 60+ ETD officers to review papers
- Douglas Brown, Christian Wolfgang and Loo Kang Wee 4 day eduLab workshop: Tracker/Open Source Physics/ComPADRE Workshop for Singapore Teachers
- Ning Hwee Tiang, Wee Loo Kang, Growing scientists via video analysis: Singapore science teacher conference 2015 11-13 November Science Centre
- Tan Kim Kia, Wee Loo Kang, Leong Tze Kwang, Bringing Real World Physics Experience to Classrooms Through Video Analysis and Modelling, Singapore science teacher conference 2015 11-13 November Science Centre
- Wee Loo Kang, Invited Trainer: Tracker Modelling at Nanyang Girl High, sec 4 physics Olympiad
- Wee Loo Kang, EducampSG6– Why Open Education Resource? @Ngee Ann Poly
- Wee Loo Kang, Invited speaker: Creative commons introduction #edsg @Ngee Ann Poly
- Wee Loo Kang, Trasi 41152 Open Educational Resources OER and Open Source Physics OSP Simulations
- Wee Loo Kang, Trasi 41153 USING TRACKER AS A MODEL-BUILDING PEDAGOGICAL TOOL
- Wee Loo Kang, Leong Tze Kwang, Ning Hwee Tiang, Tan Kim Kia, Chan Him Nok, TRAISI Code: 41133 edulab017 workshop 2015 BECOMING SCIENTISTS THROUGH VIDEO ANALYSIS
- Wee Loo Kang, 5th Singapore International Science Challenge SISC @National JC, Singapore OSP Digital Library
- CSI-LC: Special Networking Session for Science LT/ST and LC members
- Wee Loo Kang, eduLab@AST learning journey: Pepperdine doctoral students (Learning Technology) from Pepperdine University
- Tan Kim Kia, Goh Chee Wee, Wee Loo Kang, Anglican high school symposium 2015, Real World Physics Experience with Tracker Video Analysis.
- Wee, Loo Kang. (2015). Computer Modeling Pedagogy using Tracker, 7th IPSG Sharing session for A-Level Physics educators, Nanyang JC
Publications and Papers
Peer Review Journal Articles
- Wee, Loo Kang, Lee, Tat Leong, Chew, Charles, Wong, Darren, & Tan, Samuel. (2015). Understanding resonance graphs using Easy Java Simulations (EJS) and why we use EJS. Physics Education, 50(2), 189.
- Wee, Loo Kang, Tan, Kim Kia, Leong, Tze Kwang, & Tan, Ching. (2015). Using Tracker to understand ‘toss up’ and free fall motion: a case study. Physics Education, 50(4), 436.
- Wee, Loo Kang, & Leong, Tze Kwang. (2015). Video Analysis and Modeling Performance Task to Promote Becoming Like Scientists in Classrooms. American Journal of Educational Research, 3(2), 197-207.
- Chew, Charles, & Wee, Loo Kang. (2015). Use of Blended Approach in the Learning of Electromagnetic Induction Science Teachers' Association of Western Australia SCIOS Journal, XX(X), XXX.
- Wee, Loo Kang, Robotics for Learning, I in Practice volume 3, Ministry of Education
- Wee, Loo Kang. Multimedia-Video for Learning, I in Practice volume 3, Ministry of Education
- Wee, Loo Kang (2015). Research NewsLetter What is going on in Singapore: Groupe International de Recherche sur l'Enseignement de la Physique«International Research Group on Physics Teaching Newletter 56_2015 page 10
Lead in Translation Research Projects
- Wee, Loo Kang & Tan, Ching (2014-15). NRF2013-EDU001-EL017, Becoming scientists through video analysis with with RGS-RVHS-NJC-Evergreen Sec-ETD.
- Wee, Loo Kang (2016) NRF2015-EDU001-EL021, Modelling-Inquiry enabled Interactive Textbook with ETD-YJC-CPDD-RVHS-IJC-VJC.
- Gavin Fuller, David Hung, Christine Lee, Wee Loo Kang Lawrence, Lyna Kwan.(2015-2017) NIE Education Research Funding Programme (ERFP) 13thGrant 32945: Understanding Teacher Learning Communities as Support for Implementation of Computer Simulations for Physics Conceptual Instruction.
Provision of Consultancy to schools & HQ Divisions
- Singapore Teaching Model co-writer with AST team on “Introducing the Lesson” and “Arousing and Sustaining Interests”
- Pei Hwa Sec teacher(s) customization of Thin Lens and Intensity Light Ray Physics Models
- MasterTeachers and West Zone COE collaboration
- Emeritus Professor of Physics Ajoy Ghatak, India, for his textbook
- Award 2015: Associate of Academy of Singapore Teachers in recognition of your significant contributions to the professional development of fellow MOE officers.
- Nomination 2015: UNESCO King Hamid Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the Use of ICTs in Education 2015
- TFL PD: Million Dollar Question: What National Examinations Reforms should be made and how may technology be leveraged?