a) What is the support rendered to AST subject chapters?
work with MTTs to co-plan workshops such as, Modeling Instruction 21 July to 18 August on Electromagnetic Induction
create simulations to support MTT Yap BC for example these 4 interactive resources
b) How frequent is your involvement? (e.g. termly, ad-hoc, etc.)
c) In what aspect or area have you been involved? (e.g. attending meetings, conducting workshops, etc.)
- Inspire all Physics teachers through purposeful and sustained professional developmental activities in Physics and Physics Education such as "Singapore has been conferred the UNESCO King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for its Open Source Physics at Singapore (OSP@SG) as published on http://www.academyofsingaporeteachers.moe.gov.sg/networked-learning-communities/subject-chapters/physics-chapter
- Publish journal papers with Chapter members such as C Chew (Principal MTT) , HT Ning and CW Ong (Lead Teachers)
- Using Tracker as a pedagogical tool for understanding projectile motion LK Wee, C Chew, GH Goh, S Tan, TL Lee, Physics Education 47 (4), 448 21 citations 2012
- Vernier caliper and micrometer computer models using Easy Java Simulation and its pedagogical design feature-ideas to augment learning with real instruments LK Wee, HT Ning Physics Education arXiv preprint arXiv:1408.3803 4 citations 2014
- Enabling Gravity Physics by Inquiry using Easy Java Simulation LK Wee, GH Goh, C Chew 5th Redesigning Pedagogy Conference arXiv preprint arXiv:1303.0079 4 citations 2013
- Understanding resonance graphs using Easy Java Simulations (EJS) and why we use EJS LK Wee, TL Lee, C Chew, D Wong, S Tan Physics Education 50 (2), 189 2 citations 2015
- Computer Models Design for Teaching and Learning using Easy Java Simulation LKL Wee, AP Lim, KSA Goh, SY LyeYE, TL Lee, W Xu, GHJ Goh, CW Ong, ...World Conference Physics Education arXiv preprint arXiv:1210.3410 2 citations 2012
- Use of Blended Approach in the Learning of Electromagnetic Induction C Chew, LK Wee arXiv preprint arXiv:1501.01527 2015
- Yes, attend meeting give inputs with technology use
- Yes, conduct workshop, usually to support their materials or lead in use of technology like Open Source Physics tools.