Professional development at Yishun JC
28 June 2016
All JC1 Physics tutors
Open Source Physics at Singapore OSP@SG simulations have 3 design principles:
- User design: Simple & Optimum View of Screen
- Interactively simulated, Drag and move objects to get position
- Drop-down menu to set variables, show drawings, initialize scenarios
- full-screen capability on Android only, iOS is normal sized.
- Teacher design: Gradual buildup of concepts
- concepts are build up from simple to complex, example position vs time to energy versus time later in subsequent simulation
- Pedagogical design: progressive mathematical modeling
- input mathematical formula for trend fitting and student to make effort to 'model' motion, functions etc.
posted from Bloggeroid