video Ning HT
model Wee LK.
Ping Pong Ball Rebounce Model
Model building Process
- Select Dynamic Model Cartesian, propose inital model say Fy = -mg
- add parameter g = 9.81 since assume m =1 by default
- determine vy when t=0, which is found via analysis to be vy = -0.6
- Fy = -mg-kvy where kvy is drag force
- fine tune value of k until match data k is found to be k = 1.11
- this completes the fall under drag model
- to add the rebounce force
- propose computational thinking, if (t< thitground , true, false )
- nestted if statements to achieve answer
- can you get the same model?, need to assume contact time of 0.02
- the model suggests contact force is 500 N for a mass of ping pong m=1kg
- if ping pong mass is measured, just key in to find the contact force.