Date: Monday, 7 November 2016
Venue: TR29, Block C, Level 4, Academy of Singapore Teachers, 2, Malan Road, Singapore 109433
In response to EC’s queries, the project team shared that:
· They have an estimated 1,000 students and 8 teachers using the Interactive Textbooks in 4 schools
· the e-book (e-pub) is deployed in Google PlayBook, Apple iBook and on the project web server, scalable to more schools after project closure.
· Compared to texts and static pictures, interactive e-book can allow visualization of 2D and 3D physics ideas which makes the concepts come alive.
· More e-books can be created for O level and other subjects as this project has already open sourced the textbook for anyone to access and adapt
· One of strength of this project is any teachers can edit and customise to his/her school needs.
· It is written under Creative Commons Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share-A-Alike CC-BY-NC-SA Licence.
The committee sees potential in developing the project further and advised the project team to:
· allow flexibility for students to create and tailor the model themselves
· look into setting difficulty levels for students and teachers to annotate changes and encourage collaborative learning
· work with schools directly to embed the application where is appropriate.